25 Interesting Things About Heaven
25 interesting things the Bible teaches about heaven
Heaven is the hope of the Christian. Our savior is there, our citizenship is there, and one day we will be there as well. Here are some interesting things the Bible tells us about heaven.
1. Heaven is where God dwells (Matt. 6:9)
2. Christians are to lay up treasures in heaven (Matt. 6:19-20)
4. Our citizenship is in heaven (Phil. 3:20)
5. Our hope is laid up in heaven (Col. 1:5)
6. Our eternal, incorruptible, and unfading inheritance is in heaven (1 Pet. 1:3-5)
8. Christians currently dwell in the heavenly places in Christ (Eph. 2:6)
9. God will bring his people safely into his heavenly kingdom (2 Tim. 4:18)
11. The patriarchs desired a heavenly kingdom (Heb. 11:16)
13. Heaven is where God is praised (Rev. 4:1-5:14)
14. The bride of Christ is described as coming down out of heaven after persecution (Rev. 21:9-21)
17. Jesus ascended to heaven after His resurrection (Acts 1:9-11)
18. Christians are to pursue heavenly things, where Jesus dwells (Col. 3:1-2)
20. We have a heavenly calling as God’s people (Heb. 3:1)
21. Persecution endured for Jesus’ sake can lead to a great reward in heaven (Lk. 6:22-23)
22. Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth (Matt. 28:18)
What would you like to read an “interesting things” article about? Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading First Century Faith Today! Subscribe for free to receive new posts.