Discover more from First Century Faith Today
20 Spiritual Resolutions for Growth in Christ
It doesn’t have to be January 1st to make a resolution
It doesn’t have to be January 1st to make a resolution. The Christian life is about refusing complacency and deciding to “excel still more” and striving to “increase and abound” (1 Thess. 4:1; 3:12). The only way to grow in Christ is to decide (or resolve) to do so.
Growth often requires the decision to “make every effort” and “be all the more diligent” (2 Pet. 1:5, 10). In the spirit of seeking intentional growth, here are some resolutions Christians can make to grow more into the fullness of Christ.
2. Encourage another Christian every day (Heb. 3:13)
3. Read the Bible daily (Ps. 1:2)
5. Cultivate the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23)
7. Give your best at your job (Col. 3:23-24)
9. Never willingly miss a worship service (Heb. 10:24-25)
10. Always forgive, no matter what, and refuse to hold a grudge (Eph. 4:32)
SEE ALSO: 5 Ways to Improve Your Devotional Life
11. Serve others every chance you get (Mk. 10:44-45)
13. Find ways to serve widows and orphans regularly (Jas. 1:27)
14. Invest in a wayward member and work to bring them back to Jesus (Jas. 5:19-20)
15. Learn a book of the Bible you’ve neglected in an in-depth way (Ps. 119:18)
17. Find ways to serve that don’t put you in the spotlight (Mk. 10:44-45)
18. Get to know a member of the congregation that you do not know well (Jn. 13:34-35)
19. Get involved in serving your community in some way (Gal. 6:10)
20. Memorize a verse a month for the next year (Ps. 119:11)
Spiritual resolutions can be valuable, no matter when they are made. May God give us the strength to follow through!
Thanks for reading First Century Faith Today! Subscribe for free to receive new posts in your inbox: